PayDotCom Forum

A community of marketers dedicated to success online!
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:06 pm 

[quote="Tech-Dan"]Hi everyone,
I saw many threads regarding this issue so i want to make it clear to all members.
We had LOTS of Affiliates who bought products using their own affiliate link. This is illegal according to our Terms & Conditions Page, as stated below:
http://paydotcom.com/terms.php
Affiliates cannot purchase Marketplace products using their own affiliate links. In any instance where an affiliate purchases from his/her own affiliate link, commission will default to the vendor who owns the product. The PayDotCom script is designed to do this automatically, thus preventing affiliates from abusing the system.
Therefore we had to make sure that affiliates will not be able to buy through their own link and receive commissions for these sales.
The Affiliate Links are working 100%. Any affiliates who has doubts can easily ask a friend to test the link by clicking on the affiliate link and then on the Payment Button.
[b]We are working to find a solution to keep this protection as well as allowing the affiliates to check their own affiliates link[/b].
With respect,
Dan Borlan
P.S. For further informations please contact me by PM.[/quote]

Hellp Dan, New here, As somebody who lists links and uses cloaking i find this a totally frustrating thing, the pure notion that i need to knock on next doors door at meal time or check by ringing mates is a pointless exercise and one that says to me that no matter what you have here i could not be bothered listing it.

However you say your looking for a solution well here it is.

List the persons affiliate nick and remove the none, but where you do it different is you make that nick in red text, this way we can see it is all linked up and working but know if in red that any sale will not credit, this will stop all people asking every second day why they can not see the nick and people like me wasting hours trying to find an answer.

good luck moving forward

Affiliate [color=red]myname[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:44 am 

Hi,

In maximum 24hours ALL AFFILIATES WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THEIR AFFILIATE USERNAME WHEN CHECKING THEIR AFFILIATE LINKS.

With respect,
Dan Borlan

Post subject: AFFILIATE = NONE
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:15 am 

Hello Tech-Dan!

I can that this thread was updated last January and no more updates thereafter.

I am promoting a product this week of John Denton and my Friend Hal Wasserman.

I have been wondering why my sales have been stopped for some point and until now when my campaign is still going on.

I then checked my link using Internet Explorer (https://paydotcom.com/r/44985/fairshare/18023461/ ) and all I can see at the bottom is this:

[b][affiliate: none][/b]

Affiliates keeps on losing sales with this BUG.

Your immediately help and ACTION will be truly appreciated.

Regards,
Darwin Jayme
Admin; FairShareMarketinTeam.com
+639053433752

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:06 am 

I have seen the same bug with my affiliate links as well. When I initially click on my link my affiliate signature at the bottom of the purchase form is there - [affiliate - matthewkyle] but if I save the website to my favorites or click the back bottom or go forward to a search website to look u somethings before I click the purchase bottom the affiliate signature reads -[affiliate - none].

This is a HUGE bug because if the potential buyer clicks on my link they have to purchase it on their first go around without clicking the back button or moving from the website until the item is purchased for me to get a sale.

This is unacceptable.

also ur forums dont work either - when you try to bold something it just puts the code in the text.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:51 am 

Hello,

By design, affiliates should always see none at the bottom.

If you check the link on a computer you have never logged into PDC with, you will see your name just fine.

Steve Weber

12 Steps for Online Success:

http://www.WeberInternetMarketing.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:36 am 

yes...i think the rules set is very sensible and reasonable...and I am all for it...and good luck to all the affiliates...! cheers!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:35 pm 

ohh yess ..i didn't know that

thank

www.moneyaffliate.com

Post subject: HTML
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:04 pm 

Can you please tell me if it is ok to use html to hide the affiliate link which is so very long?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:14 pm 

Now that I know whose program this is - it kinda explains alot - I still need answers and would like someone to respond - the affiliate link does not work when I click on it in my windows to see if it works also need to know if we can use html to hide long affiliate link (without progenerator which you can't even get installed)

Post subject: Dafault Campaigne?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:40 pm 

Dear Sir,

I have tacking for may campaigne whic one can make sales? Please advice me what does it mean dafault campaign?

Kind regards,

GVORICH
http://gvoprofits.com/GVORICH/video

:D :wink: :D :wink:

Post subject: URGENT!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:50 pm 

I can see quite clearly that an affiliate has purchased through their own link and my account is showing commission owed to them so the 'tracking' hasn't worked. Can you tell me as a matter of urgency what to do about this. I will not be paying the affiliate commission on their own purchase but I would like to know whether or not the paydotcom system works or not in regards to stopping people buying through their own link. This is the one and only reason why I chose Paydotcom over Clickbank, if I can't get a satisfactory and quick response here (which from what I've seen the response is slow generally) then I will take the product to ClickBank instead. Please let me know asap how this has happened on this occasion and how you will ensure it won't happen again? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:08 am 

If they went to another's computer and used another's paypal account, they could buy with their link....but not otherwise.

Steve Weber

12 Steps for Online Success:

http://www.WeberInternetMarketing.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:24 am 

wow, hm then we will have to pay to the vendor to have a test run.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:29 am 

Keeping this link, looking very bright prospect for my affiliate earnings. Enough detail, I think I should give it a go.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:06 am 

It is very frustrating to ask someone else to check the affiliate from their computer. It would be more preferable if I could check my affiliate from my computer itself. An update was promised long time ago but I can see none. Has there been an update? Please enlighten me.